DopaBoost™ was designed to increase the body's natural production of dopamine, one of the body's primary catecholamines. Dopamine is essential for the normal functioning of the central nervous system and is associated with attention, learning, movement, balance, and mood regulation. This may be necessary in the clinical support of degenerative neurological disorders related to dopamine activity, such as Parkinson's disease and dopa-responsive dystonia (DRD).
- Macuna pruriens - a botanical which naturally contains L-DOPA, the metabolic precursor to dopamine, which can cross the blood-brain barrier. The Macuna material in DopaBoost is standardized to contain an extremely potent 60% L-DOPA.
- EGCG (from green tea extract) – antioxidant; brain-protecting properties. These polyphenols in green tea offer neuroprotective effects, help to increase availability of dopamine. EGCG has been shown to have a positive effect on the electrical activity of dopaminergic neurons in the substantia nigra, the area of the brain where dopamine is made.
- Quercetin – a flavonoid present in many fruits and vegetables, naturally inhibits COMT (catechol-o-methyl transferase) and MAO activities, the key enzymes involved in the metabolism of dopamine. Quercetin works synergistically with Macuna pruriens and EGCG as it helps to preserve dopamine levels.
- N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine - the acetylated derivative of l-tyrosine, the amino acid from which dopamine is synthesized. Acetylation helps to increase the stability and solubility of tyrosine, making it more efficient and bioavailable, and therefore, the superior choice for raising the body’s levels of tyrosine.
- Pyridoxal-5-Phosphate - vitamin B6 in its metabolically active form; needed for the decarboxylation of L-DOPA to dopamine. P5P is a coenzyme for dopa decarboxylase, the enzyme responsible for the conversion of L-DOPA to dopamine. Dopa decarboxylase is important in the improvement of Parkinson’s disease.
DopaBoost™ may benefit:
- Neurological conditions affecting movement/balance
- Behavioral disorders
- Involuntary movements/ticks
- Sleep disorders
- Mood disorders
- Cognition issues: memory and learning disorders
- Those who need enhanced release of growth hormone
- Lack of motivation
- Low prolactin production (involved in lactation and sexual gratification)
- Those who test low in urine metabolites homovanillate (HVA) and/or vanilmandelate (VMA) as found in CMP (Comprehensive Metabolic Profile) Testing
Serving Size: 2 capsules
Servings Per Container: 30
Those who test high in the metabolites HVA and VMA should not take DopaBoost™, but instead would benefit from NeuroCalm™, a blend of nutrients designed to support calming brain activity.
DopaBoost™ should not be used with:
- MAOIs (Nonspecific monoamine-oxidase inhibitors), powerful antidepressant drugs
- Antipsychotic drugs, such as phenothiazines, butyrophenones and reserpine
- Antihypertensive drugs such as guanethidine and methyldopa (may cause increased hypotension)
Use DopaBoost™ cautiously with dopaminergic drugs such as amantadine, benserazide, carbidopa, atropine, and amphetamine, only under the guidance of a trained health care professional.